Southern Indiana Review will award three prizes ($1000*, $250 & $100) for poetry submitted under the following guidelines.
Each submission must:
• Be available for exclusive publication in Vol. 15, No. 1 of the Southern Indiana Review. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but if the entry is published/accepted by another publication while under consideration, the author must promptly notify SIR in writing to withdraw the entry.
• Include an entry fee of $15. This non-refundable fee includes a copy of the prize issue. Make check or money order payable to Southern Indiana Review.
• List the author’s name, street address, phone number, email address (if applicable), and title(s) of poems submitted on a cover page.
• List only the title of poem(s) on each page thereafter.
• Consist of no more than three poems (with an additional limit of ten pages in 12-point font) per each individual submission.
• Be addressed to Mary C. Mohr Poetry Award, Southern Indiana Review, College of Liberal Arts, University of Southern Indiana, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN, 47712.
• Be postmarked by October 1, 2007.
• Include a SASE for contest results. All manuscripts will be recycled. Finalists will be notified by email and posted on the SIR website. All submissions will be considered for
publication. SIR’s editorial preference for Midwestern themes or writers does not apply to
poems submitted for the contest. All themes and/or subject matters are eligible. All
rights revert to the writer upon publication.
*$500 is awarded for the prize-winning poem, and $500 is awarded as an honorarium towards travel for an on-campus reading.