Judged by Thomas Lynch
First Place Prize $500
*Two Honorable Mentions*
1. Each entrant will receive one FREE issue of The MacGuffin that includes the 14th National Poet Hunt winners.
2. Staff members and their families are not eligible to participate.
3. An entry consists of five poems.
4. Poems must be typed on sheets of 8½ x 11” paper. Clean photocopies are acceptable. DO NOT place name and address on submissions. Entries can also be made electronically as an MS Word document on a 3½” disk or CD (PC format recommended).
5. Each entrant must include a 3 x 5 index card that includes poem titles and the contestant’s name, address, daytime telephone number, and email address.
6. There is a $15.00 entry fee. Please send check or money order payable to “Schoolcraft College.” Please do not send cash.
7. Poems must not be previously published, and must be the original work of the contestant. Poems may be under consideration elsewhere. The MacGuffin reserves the right to disqualify a work that is accepted elsewhere.
8. No entries will be returned.
9. Entrants wishing to receive a list of winners should send a stamped SASE.
10. Entries must be postmarked between April 1, 2009 and June 3, 2009.
Mail entries to:
The MacGuffin/Poet Hunt Contest
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152
Winners will be announced in September 2009
First Place and Honorable Mention poems will be published in a future issue of The MacGuffin.
The MacGuffin reserves the right not to award any Honorable Mentions.