Bellevue Literary Review
A journal of humanity and human experience
The Bellevue Literary Review Prizes in Fiction, Nonfiction, & Poetry
The Bellevue Literary Review Prizes recognize exceptional writing about health, healing, illness, the mind, and the body. First prize is $1000 and publication in the Spring 2012 issue of the Bellevue Literary Review.
$1000 Goldenberg Prize for Fiction (Judged by Francine Prose)
$1000 Marica and Jan Vilcek Prize for Poetry (Judged by Cornelius Eady)
$1000 Burns Archive Prize for Nonfiction (Judged by Susan Orlean)
• Prose limited to 5000 words. Poetry limited to 3 poems (maximum 5 pages). Submissions that exceed these limits will be disqualified.
• Deadline is July 1, 2011. Winners will be announced by December 2011.
• Entry fee is $15 per submission. For an additional $5, you will receive a 1-year subscription to the Bellevue Literary Review. You may enter more than once (maximum two submissions).
• Manuscripts may be submitted electronically at www.BLReview.org (Files should be in Microsoft Word. Please combine all poems into one document, with first poem as title.)
• Do not put your name on the manuscript. (Our website will allow you to enter biographical information separately.)
• Work previously published in print or electronically will not be considered.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but we ask that you notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. We regret that there can be no refunds or substitutions for withdrawn work.
• Students/friends/colleagues/relations of a judge are not permitted to enter submissions to that judge’s genre.
• BLR acquires first-time North American rights. After publication, all rights revert to the author and may be reprinted as long as appropriate acknowledgement to BLR is made. All entries will also be considered for regular publication.
Visit the website for details: http://www.blreview.org/submissions/prizes