Our Spring/Summer 2011 Young Adult Showcase titled Mystery Times Ten seeks new mystery short stories that are targeted for the YA audience.
- Theme: Mystery – Your choice be it murder, cozy, paranormal, romance, soft-boiled, hard-boiled, police procedural, suspense, thriller, or amateur detective.
- What is a mystery? In a mystery, the main character must track down the truth about an event, often a murder. If the protagonist is in any danger, it usually becomes a problem only as the detective/protagonist approaches the truth. That’s your base, how it plays out is up to you!
- No gratuitous sex or violence. Please remember your audience is 13 and up.
- The competition is open to all writers in English except current or former employees of Buddhapuss Ink LLC or members of our judging Panels.
- You must be 18 or older to enter unless you have written permission from your parent or guardian. Please click here to download the Permission Form.
- Submissions will be accepted from October 1, 2010 to January 31, 2011.
- No previously published work(s) or simultaneous submissions please.
- Entries should be between 3000-7000 words in length.
- Send your submissions via email to: Submissions@Buddhapussink.com with the subject line “Submission for MYSTERY TIMES TEN” from <your name> with your story as an attached file in .doc (Word) format PLEASE INCLUDE in the body of the email:
- Your name and contact information
- A brief author bio (2-5 sentences)
- Entry should be single-spaced in at least a 12 pt. readable font. We suggest Times New Roman, Courier, or Arial.
- Send emails to: Submissions@Buddhapussink.com
- NOTE You will receive an email acknowledging our receipt of your entry within 24 hours. If you do not receive this email (check your junk/bulk/spam folder first!) Please re-submit your entry and change the subject line to: “RESUBMISSION for MYSTERY TIMES TEN”.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
- Notifications will be sent to finalists via email in April 2011
- There is no limit on the number of entries you may submit. There is no fee to enter.
Visit the website for details: http://www.buddhapussink.com/Mystery_Times_Ten.html