Big Universe is sponsoring a Nature Writing Contest for students in grades K-8, with a focus on the new Common Core curriculum. It’s time to get excited about writing!
Take a look at the world around you. From the animals, to the plants and trees, to the weather and climate, and even outer space and the environment — these are all parts of nature. Write a real or imaginary narrative, which includes some aspect of nature and the world around you. Your story can involve anything from a simple hike in the woods, to gardening, to the life cycle of a bumblebee. This is your chance to be as creative as you can!
How It Works
- Students create a contest entry book using our authoring tool in the WRITE section of Big Universe.
- Entries are then published to the teacher’s account for final review and submission into the Big Universe Nature Contest.
- Entries will be accepted from Big Universe members only.
- Entries will be accepted in three age groups: Grades K-2, 3-5 and 6-8.
- Each book should have no more than 200 words.
- Limit one entry per student for each competition.
- Entries must be original, unpublished material and written in English.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight US Eastern Standard Time on February 28, 2013.
Visit the website for complete details: http://www.biguniverse.com/contest