The Friends of the Warren-Newport Public Library announce their 20th Annual Creative Writing Contest:
- Short Story (fiction)
Limit to two entries in each category per person.
- Grades 3, 4 and 5
- Grades 6, 7 and 8
- High School
Short Story Length
- Grades 3 through 8: 1-4 pages, double-space
- High School and Adult: 3-5 pages, typewritten, double-spaced, font size 12.
- A minimum of 8 lines for all age groups.
- Must include name, address, and telephone number and if student: age, grade, and teacher’s name AND school attended.
- Also, designate whether your entry is for the Short Story or the Poetry category.
- DO NOT write your name on Poetry or Short Story pages. Only on the cover page.
Will be awarded (with certificate) to winners in all categories (a total of 24 prizes!) as follows:
- $50 First Place
- $30 Second Place
- $20 Third Place
Deadline: Sunday, March 17, 2013
Mail or Deliver To:
Friends of the Warren-Newport Public Library
224 N. O’Plaine Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
- Are selected by the Creative Writing Contest committee.
- All decisions final.
- Will be notified the week of April 9, 2013.
- The Award Ceremony will be held on Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at the Warren-Newport Public Library, Gurnee, IL 60031.
- Only original materials may be entered.
- All materials may be used by the library for educational/informational purposes.
- Winning entries will be on display at the library and may be placed on the library’s Web site.
- Photographs, audio and/or videotaping may take place at the Awards Ceremony.
Visit the website: http://www.wnpl.info/index.php/creative-writing-contest-2013/