Submissions will be accepted September 1st through October 31st, 2013.
The Landing Theatre Company and Wordsmyth Theater Company are now accepting full-length plays for the 2014 New American Play Reading Series in Houston, Texas. Four plays will be selected for staged readings during the Landing Theatre Company’s Spring Festival. Selected playwrights must attend the readings. Playwrights must cover their own travel expenses.
1. There are no fees for submitting.
1. Selected playwrights must attend the festival.
2. Each playwright will be paired with a local director prior to the festival to prepare for the event.
3. Director will cast the play prior to the festival.
4. Each production will receive at least two rehearsals prior to the official reading.
5. One rehearsal will be scheduled when the playwright can attend.
6. The play will then be read in front of an audience, with a moderated discussion of the play afterwards.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
1. Playwright must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America.
2. Play must not have been produced.
3. Play must not have had a public reading in the Houston area.
4. Submission must be received on or before October 31st, 2013.
5. Submission must be a minimum of 30 pages long and have a minimum run time of 45 minutes.
6. Submission must be in .doc, .pdf or .rtf format.
7. Plays are given blind reads, so there should be no playwright identifiers anywhere on the script. Your name and/or contact information should only be in the email.
8. Only one play per playwright per submission period.
9. No musicals, children’s plays, or one-person plays.
10. Playwrights will only be notified if your play is selected.
The 2014 New American Voices Play Reading Series will be presented March 7-9, 2014.
Visit the website for submission details: http://www.landingtheatre.org/nav-play-submissions.html