“Fiction is like a spider’s web, attached ever so lightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners.”
―Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own
We at Spider Road Press are celebrating excellent, unpublished flash fiction featuring a female protagonist. Enter your compelling flash fiction about complex women to win the 2015 Spider’s Web Flash Fiction Prize!
First Prize: $100 and publication in the print and e-book editions of the next Spider Road Press anthology.
Second Prize: $25, publication on the Spider Road Press website, and a free copy of any Spider Road Press title.
Honorable Mention: Publication on the Spider Road Press website and a certificate.
Entries accepted March 1-May 1, 2015.
Fiction will be judged “blind” by a panel that includes authors Lani Longshore, Pamela Mooman, and Patricia Flaherty Pagan. Winners will be contacted in June, 2015. Enter your fiction today!
• Unpublished flash fiction featuring a female protagonist.
• 750 word limit per piece.
• $12 entry fee per piece. (A $5 entry fee is available for graduate/undergraduate students, qualifying Texas writers, & Goddard College alumni. Students must state the name of their university in their cover email.)
• No more than three submissions per writer.
• Standard formatting. Please include your home address in your cover email.
• Excerpts from longer works are not eligible.
• No children’s fiction, romance, erotica, extreme horror or gore, young adult fiction, vampire or werewolf fiction, dark fantasy, erotic horror, or fan fiction.
• No explicit scenes of sexual violence or child abuse.
• Writers who enter simultaneous submissions must contact us should their work be published before June, 2015.
• We regret that we cannot accept any submissions from writers under the age of 18.
• We regret that, due to our small staff, it may take us four months to get back to writers about non-winning entries.
· In recognition of their contribution to the writing community, members of the Houston Writers Guild, Writers’ League of Texas, and Goddard College alumni community may pay a reduced submission fee of $5. The willingness to provide us with a copy of your membership information (upon request) or Goddard graduation date are required.
Visit the website for details: https://spiderroadpress.submittable.com/submit/39508
Further Questions? Email our staff at: email@example.com