Mother’s Day is a not just a day to connect and celebrate your mother – but a day to honor her and show her how much you care. We are celebrating motherhood the entire month of May, through our All About My Mother Writing Contest.
Write an original essay, poem, prose poem or short story – no more than 400-500 words – by: May 1, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, to win flowers on Mother’s Day (or choose to send flowers to your loved one).
Here are some things to consider when honoring your mom:
- Write about what your mom means to you.
- Visualize a time when your mother was laughing. Recall a time when you two shared a good laugh over something.
- Write a physical description of your mother. Write as if you were looking at a movie rather than a photograph.
- Concentrate on a particular habit that your mother has and write about it.
- Write about a moment when you discovered something new about your mother (maybe seeing her in a fresh way).
Stories can be shared below, through our Facebook page under “A Place for Mom Writing Contest,” or emailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website: http://www.aplaceformom.com/blog/4-6-15-all-about-my-mother-writing-contest/