Red Hen Press and The Los Angeles Review are pleased to announce the inception of a brand new bi-annual award series. A prize of $1,000 and publication in The Los Angeles Review will be given to four authors each issue for exceptional writing in each genre.
The new contests are:
Short Fiction Award, with inaugural judge Tom Janikowski (1500 word max)
Flash Fiction Award, with inaugural judge Ron Koertge (500 word max)
Creative Nonfiction Award, with inaugural judge Seema Reza (1500 word max)
Poetry Award, with inaugural judge Brynn Saito (50 line max)
- Submissions for each contest are accepted via Submittable for $20 USD.
- The contest closes May 1, 2015.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately at email@example.com if the work is accepted elsewhere.
- Only previously unpublished writing will be considered. Entries are not considered for general inclusion inThe Los Angeles Review.
- In the cover letter field of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. Do NOT include this information in the submitted file.
Deadline: May 1, 2015
- The winners will be selected in fall of 2016 and announced via our website, and a Red Hen Press press release.
- The winning works will be published in The Los Angeles Review, Issue 21.
- Please direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website for details: http://losangelesreview.org/awards/