Hard Times Writing Contest
Deadline: Postmarked by May 30, 2016.
- Write about a difficult experience in your life, how you overcame this obstacle, and how you were changed by it. Winning stories will be chosen for originality and creative writing style. Stories should be previously unpublished, and should not exceed 5,000 words (double-spaced, 12 point font).
- Your name, address, email and title of work should appear on a separate cover sheet. The entry fee per submission is $25 ($20 for Workshop members).
- Multiple entries are accepted.
- Enclose legal size self-sealing SASE for critique and list of winners. Do not use Fedex, certified mail, etc.
- Make check or money order payable to The Writers’ Workshop, and mail to: Hard Times Contest, 387 Beaucatcher Road, Asheville, NC 28805.
- Emailed submission may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Hard Times Contest” in the subject. Entry fee is payable online.
Visit the website: http://www.twwoa.org/