Deadline: July 4, 2016
Headmistress Press, publisher of poetry books by lesbians, Lesbian Poet Trading Cards, and Lavender Review, is proud to announce our second annual Charlotte Mew Chapbook Contest.
Our first-prize winner will be selected by Ellen Bass and will receive a $250 honorarium plus 20 copies of the winning book. Headmistress Press will also announce finalists, and may choose to publish other books from among the submitted manuscripts.
Headmistress authors receive ten copies of their book and discounts on all further purchases. At your request, the mistresses of Headmistress Press will provide feedback on your manuscript.
We will be accepting submissions from May 4 to July 4, 2016 and will announce a winner in the fall. Although we do charge a reading fee, we have always had a sliding scale, and no one will be turned away for lack of entrance fee.
SLIDING SCALE ENTRY FEE
– $8, $14, $20
– $13, $19, $25 includes editorial feedback on your manuscript
– No more than 35 pages of poetry, excluding front and back matter.
– No bio or cover letter is necessary.
– DO NOT include your name, mailing address, or email address in your manuscript.
– Please keep your manuscript formatting simple and clean. Don’t worry about trying to make your manuscript look like a finished book. That’s our job.
– Use this Submittable link now until July 4, 2016 to submit: