Scripts are being accepted in two categories:
Category 1: An LGBT individual’s self-disclosure about their sexual orientation.
Category 2: Any interpretation of “Out of the Closet” literal or figurative. Plays may be comedy or drama. Both individual authors and collaborative teams are eligible.
- Grand Prize Winner will receive $200.00 cash, a trophy and production of their play.
- First Prize winner will receive $150 cash and production of their play.
- An additional 4-6 runner-up scripts will also be produced.
- Submissions must be original, unproduced plays.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Running time must be between 5 and 10 minutes.
- No monologues, musicals or children’s plays..
- Playwrights may submit one play in each category. (2 plays maximum.)
- Scripts will not be returned. ETC does not assume any responsibility for the loss or damage of scripts. All reasonable care will be taken.
- All entries must be received by June 30th, 2016.
- Winners will be announced by July 30th, 2016.
- Plays will be staged in a black box setting (there will be no set beyond a closet door). Please write accordingly.
- Plays must have 2-6 characters.
Winning plays will be staged at Theatreworks September 9 – 11, 2016!
How to enter
- Submit 2 copies of your 10-minute script.
- Your name should not appear on your script.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, email address and the title (s) of your play(s).
- Enclose a $10.00 entry fee for each play entered.
- Make checks payable to Emerald Theater Company
Caroline at “Out of the Closet”
P.O. Box 41408
Memphis, TN 38174
Visit the website: http://www.etcmemphistheater.com/10-minute-play-fest-2016.html
We look forward to reading your work!