I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the countdown to the July 23, 2016, entry deadline for this year’s contest is underway. We only have 51 days until the end of the contest. All poets are encouraged to submit their own poems, encourage a friend or relative to submit a poem, or post a flyer where others can see it. Do not procrastinate or you could miss the deadline.
Anything you can do to make both established and budding poets of all ages aware of this exciting opportunity is appreciated. Attached are the contest “Rules and Entry Form” and the “Contest Flyer.”
For those of you who already have submitted your three poems or have helped us publicize the contest through posting flyers and/or posting contest information on your website, THANK YOU!!!!
If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to email contact Alan Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 916-408-1274.
1. Poets wanted! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be selected in each contest category.
2. The five (5) contest categories include the following: Things My Parents Taught Me, The Best Gift I Ever Received, It Happened One Night, If I Were Rich And Famous, and You Can Count On Me.
3. Poets may submit a maximum of three (3) poems. Select three (3) of the contest categories and submit one poem from each.
4. Poems may be in rhyme, free verse, Haiku, or other accepted poetry forms and of any length, up to a maximum of 60 lines.
5. Poems should be typewritten and not centered (read left to right). Please use the Arial font 12-point. The title should be listed at the top of the poem and the category should be included at the top right corner of the poem. The name of the poet should not be included on the poem.
6. Young Poets, 18-years of age or under, are encouraged to submit poems and will compete in a special “Young Poets” category. Young poets should follow the same rules as noted above. However, they should include their age, grade, and school on the Entry Form.
7. All poems must be submitted on hard copy to the address listed on the Entry Form below and must be received no later than Saturday, July 23, 2016.
8. Early submissions are appreciated. A separate Entry Form should be attached to the hard copy of each poem submitted. Duplication of the form is permitted. Questions—contact Alan Lowe at email@example.com
9. The top three winners in each category will be contacted by phone. Winners will be asked to submit their poems electronically, by email attachment. Winners will read their poems on Sunday, October 9, 2016, at the Voices of Lincoln event to be held from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Lincoln Public Library at Twelve Bridges (Willow Room), 485 Twelve Bridges Drive, Lincoln, CA. Winners also will be presented with a commemorative chapbook of the winning poems.