Seeking All Original Plays (up to 12 minutes)
Canton’s Biennial One Acts Festival
Cash Prize Awarded
January 13-15, 2017
1. Scripts in length up to 12 minutes are welcomed-max characters: 4.
2. No children shows or shows with children as characters will be considered.
3. Up to two submissions from a playwright are welcomed ($10 per script).
4. Only original scripts will be accepted. Rewrite of existing story/play not allowed.
5. Scripts will not be returned. If script is selected, TLC Productions receives full rights (without a cost for royalties) to produce the show for only the Canton One Acts Festival.
6. ONLY the first 50 scripts will be considered that follow the above guidelines, even if all are received before the stated deadline below.
7. Non-staged scripts submitted in previous years are permitted for re-submission.
8. Authors should be mindful that all plays need to keep the sets minimal as shows will be performed on a stage, approximately 16′ x 16′, in the Biltmore Studio at The Village Theater at Cherry Hill.
Judging and selection will be a blind review process. Authors’ information should appear on cover sheet ONLY. Remove all personal information within the script being submitted. Semi-finalists and finalists will be notified by phone or e-mail.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY
STEP 1: Complete Cover Sheet for each script
STEP 2: E-mail script as PDF to Script2017@Cantononeacts.com
* Subject Line should read: “FESTIVAL SCRIPT”
* Title of script should appear in a header or footer on all pages
* Only one script per email
A donation/fee of $10 per script to the Canton One Acts Festival must be submitted for entry.
August 31, 2016 Date Stamp Deadline for Script Submissions (E.D.T.)
September, 2016 Judging/Semi-Finalists Selected
October 3, 2016 Dramatic Readings of Semi-Finalists/Selection of Shows
October 17-18, 2016 Auditions/Cast selection
October 20, 2016 Cast and Crew overview meeting
November 2, 2016 Rehearsals begin
January 8-12, 2017 Tech Week for Shows
January 13-15 2017 3 Performances in the Biltmore Studio at
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill (Canton, MI)
(8 p.m. Friday, 8 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SHOWS
Selected shows for the One-Acts Festival will be announced online attlcproductions.org by October 5, 2016.
Rehearsal space to be provided at The Village Theater at Cherry Hill (VTCH). Production team from TLC Productions to provide support and supervision. Rehearsals at VTCH are required. A limited budget for each show to be provided, along with joint printed programs and technical support (lights/sound/stage management). No remuneration for actors or production team members available.
DIRECTOR SUBMISSION FORM AND OTHER NOTES
Playwrights can request to direct their own show if show is selected or TLC Productions will appoint a director. Preference will be given to aspiring directors. Director Submission Form can be found here! Previous experience is not necessary.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 926-TLC-R
Visit the website: https://tlcprod.wordpress.com/one-acts-festival-script-submissions/
Produced by TLC Productions
Offered in partnership with The Village Theater at Cherry Hill