$2000 + Publication + Agency Review
Because of the popularity of our Short Story Award this summer and because the agents we work with were eager to see more, we are hosting a winter award. The winning story will be awarded $2000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and $200 and $100 respectively. All winners and honorable mentions will receive agency review by: Amy Williams of The Williams Agency, Victoria Marini from Irene Goodman, and Laura Biagi from Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc. We want you to succeed, and we want your writing to be read. It’s been our mission to support emerging writers since day one.
- Winner receives $2000, publication, and agency review
- Second and third place prizes ($200/$100, publication, and agency review)
- Stories under 7000 words
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (We are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: January 15, 2017
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
Visit the website for details on how to enter!
About The Masters Review:
At The Masters Review, our mission is to support emerging writers. We only accept submissions from writers who can benefit from a larger platform. Typically, writers without published novels or story collections, or, publications with low circulation. We publish fiction and nonfiction online year round and put out an annual anthology of the ten best emerging writers in the country, judged by an expert in the field. We publish articles and book reviews on the blog and hold workshops that connect emerging and established writers.