Sunday, April 30, 2017
ENTRY FEE – $15
ENTRY FEE for submitting up to three pieces – $25, except for POETRY category where up to three submissions are accepted for $15.
1. The Winning Entry in each category (short story, essay and poem) will receive US$1000 as prize money, apart from a symbolic artifact (clepsydra), digital stamp and diploma. Authors of winning entries will receive printed copy of the Hourglass Literary Magazine No. 2.
2. The jury has the right to give a special prize (US$ 500 for entry in each category).
3. Special prize of the Literature and Latte – Scrivener Award – consisting of the one licensed software solutions “Scrivener” and US$250.
4. Special prize of The Literary Encyclopedia – an online reference work for English-language readers interested in broad literary and cultural matters – consisting of one 2-year subscriptions and one 1-year subscriptions to LE for shortlisted authors.
5. Editorial staff and board members will take under consideration shortlisted works (not awarded a prize) for publication in the second issue of the Hourglass Literary Magazine. The selected works will be FINANCIALLY compensated.
At the confluence of the West and the East, Hourglass Literary Magazine proudly announces its second international writing competition for – Best Short Story, Best Poem, Best Essay.
– Jury/Judges: Sibelan Forrester, Jelena Lengold and John K. Cox.
– The competition is international and is open to all authors writing in English or any of the BCMS languages (comprising Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin.)
– There are no theme, or genre limitations and boundaries.
– Short stories, essays and poems by writers who write in English will be translated in one of the BCMS languages and vice versa.
– Participants retain the copyright of their works.
– Work must be original and unpublished.
– One author can compete in all categories, for all three awards respectively.
– Limited multiple submissions are allowed (as well as simultaneous submissions).
– Contest is anonymous and will be blind judged.
– Learn more about past contest: http://hourglassonline.org/pastcontest/ .
– Magazine’s “Manifesto”: http://hourglassonline.org/about/ .
Detailed instructions for submissions:
…should not exceed 7000 words or be less than 700 words. Entry fee: $15 USD ($25 for submitting up to three pieces).
Poems should not have more than 3500 words. WRITERS CAN SUBMIT UP TO THREE POEMS/SONGS. Entry fee: $15 USD.
Essays should not exceed 9000 words or be less than 1000 words. Entry fee: $15 ($25 for submitting up to three papers).
We only accept submissions online via Submittable – http://hourglass.submittable.com .
E-mail – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Facebook – www.facebook.com/hourglassliterarymagazine
Twitter – www.twitter.com/hourglasslm
LinkedIn – http://linkedin.com/company/hourglass-literary-magazine/
Connect with us: http://hourglassonline.org/about/