AURORA ONE ACTS FESTIVAL
Aurora Community Theatre’s One-Act Playwriting Competition
The Aurora Community Theatre is pleased to announce a one-act playwriting competition as a fundraiser for its 2012-2013 season. We invite all aspiring playwrights to submit their one act plays (of no more 10 pages or 10 minutes in length when performed) for consideration.
ACT will select the top entries which will be performed for two weekends August 16-17, 2013 and August 23-24, 2013 (Friday and Saturday evenings) as a fundraiser for ACT.
Entries must be received by February 27, 2013
Festival performance dates August 16-17 and 23-24, 2013
Judges’ Choice – $200 prize
Audience Choice – $200 prize
Each author may submit up to two scripts for an entry fee of $10. Fees will be used to cover the cash prizes, advertising and performance production costs.
1. The competition is open to all playwrights age 18 or older.
2. Scripts are to be original, unpublished, and not previously performed within the greater Cleveland area. Staged readings or workshop productions will not disqualify a script. Musicals, monologues, children’s plays, adaptations, film scripts, and television scripts are ineligible.
3. Scripts can be no longer than 10 pages or 10 minutes in running time when performed.
4. Scripts can have no more than 6 characters.
5. Scripts selected will be performed in a black box setting with minimal set pieces, e.g., furniture
6. All scripts are to be typewritten with the name of the play listed at the top of each page, with a page number and the authors name.
7. Scripts submitted by mail cannot be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage. For confirmation of receipt, include a self-addressed stamped postcard. Scripts submitted via email will receive an email confirmation
8. No written or verbal critiques will be tendered for any script.
9. By submitting a play, the entrant acknowledges that he or she is the sole creator of the play and entitled to grant performance rights. ACT reserves the right to produce any of the winning plays royalty-free during our 2012-2013 season, to withhold production, and to modify cash awards as deemed necessary by the judges or ACT.
10. ACT will select the directors and cast for each one act play.
11. Finalists will be posted on ACT’s website.
ACT does not assume any responsibility for the loss, damage, or return of scripts.
Send scripts and entry fee of $10, check made payable to Aurora Community Theatre, to:
Aurora Community Theatre
One-Act Playwriting Competition
P.O. Box 9
Aurora, Ohio 44202
Please place your name on the cover page of the script, and include an email address and phone number where you can be reached.
Scripts may also be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(be sure to put one-act playwriting competition in the subject line)
email submissions must be accompanied by an electronic fee payment through the following website. (Cut and paste this into your internet browswer) https://www.ticketturtle.com/index.php?retail=auct
Questions? Please contact Brenda at (216) 288-1738